Enrich your Reading


My perfect weekend – Shilpa Shetty 

Indian film actress and model Shilpa Shetty has homes in  

Mumbai and England. She enjoys takeaway pizza, going to  

garden centres, and playing cards at weekends. 

Shilpa says, ‘Here in England my perfect weekend begins at  

my home in the countryside with my husband Raj Kundra.  

On Fridays, we usually watch TV, but sometimes friends  

or family come to play cards – poker. I love poker. We get  

a takeaway pizza – pizza goes best with playing cards – and  

I drink green tea. I love green tea. 

On Saturdays, I get up late, at about 10.45, and then I have  

a long bath. Sometimes I watch TV in the bath or listen  

to music. I like staying in the country at weekends – I love  

walking barefoot on the grass. We go to a pub for lunch – I  

like the puddings, especially sticky toffee pudding. I prefer to  

have Saturday evening at home. We like watching cookery  

programmes; Jamie Oliver is my favourite. I like cooking  

Indian food, but not at weekends. 

On Sundays, I love shopping and gardening. I always buy  

my clothes from small boutiques, and I love visiting garden  

centres. I love flowers. My homes in Mumbai and England  

are always full of beautiful white lilies. I don’t cook on  

Sunday, we prefer eating out and sometimes, if we have  

time, we go to a spa hotel for a swim and a massage. It’s a  

great way to end a perfect weekend.’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment