Enrich your Reading


My perfect weekend – Jamie Cullum 

Song-writer and jazz pianist Jamie Cullum lives in London  

with his wife Sophie Dahl, the model and cookery writer. He  

enjoys going to markets, French films, and playing cards at  

weekends. 

Jamie says, ‘In my work I travel a lot and I stay in different  

hotels, so my perfect weekend is at home with my family  

and friends. I live in a flat in north-west London next to my  

brother, Ben, and at weekends I like being with him and my  

wife, Sophie. On Friday nights, we often go to a club – we all  

love dancing. 

On Saturdays, we get up late and I make breakfast; that’s  

important to me. Then I sit at my piano – it’s in my kitchen  

– and I play for a couple of hours. I don’t write songs, I just  

play. My cat, Luna, listens. Sometimes in the afternoon we go  

shopping in Portobello market. I love old things. I have black  

leather cowboy boots from there. Also, I look for old postcards  

– I like reading about people from the past. In the evening, we  

often watch a French or Japanese film – I enjoy foreign films. 

After that I like playing cards – poker – with friends,  

sometimes until early Sunday morning. We sleep late on  

Sundays, but then I like cooking Sunday dinner, usually roast  

chicken. I really enjoy cooking. In the evening I call my parents  

and my nan – they like hearing about my week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment