Listen to conversations


 A2 listening

Mari: I'm Mari from Japan and I'm here with Ron from Hawaii. Today we are going to be talking about abilities so let's start with food. Can you cook? Ron: I can't cook well, but I do cook, so I think the reason why I can't cook well is because I can eat anything, so I don't try very hard to make it take good. Mari: What do you like to cook? Ron: I like to barbecue outside on the grill. Mari: What do you put on your barbecue? Ron: When I cook meat, I don't put much, only salt, pepper, and a little bit of seasoning. Mari: OK. Good. Next, do you think you're a good dancer? Ron: No, I don't think I'm a good dancer and I don't really try to be a good dancer. Mari: Do you not like to dance? Ron: No, I don't like to dance. Mari: At all? Ron: Right. Mari: I heard that you're a good line-dancer. Ron: I would like to learn how to line dance, and I do like country music but I haven't been officially taught how to line dance. Mari: So you don't dance at all? Ron: No. Mari: Next, are you a good singer? Ron: No, I'm not a good singer but I do enjoy going to Karaoke. Mari: What do you like to sing? Ron: In Hawaii, when I go to Karaoke I enjoy singing Hawaiian music. If I'm in Japan I like to sing other English songs that they have, usually country music or 80's or 90's music. Mari: Good. That's good. Do you think you're a good student? Ron: I don't know if I'm a good student. Growing up I was not a good student but now I am trying harder to be a good student. Mari: How were you not a good student growing up? Ron: I didn't enjoy going to school and I didn't try very hard in school. Now I try a little harder. I make an effort. Mari: Can you talk more about your effort? What do you do to try to be a good student? Ron: I try to listen to the teachers now instead of doing my own thing, and I try to complete everything with good quality. Mari: That's good. And, last do you think that you're a good athlete? Ron: Growing up I was a good athlete. I played a few sports. Now I don't play any sports anymore because I'm old, but growing up I think I was a good athlete. Mari: What sports did you play? Ron: I played American football, baseball, and soccer. Mari: Which one is your best sport? Ron: I would say football. American football is my best sport. Mari: How long did you play? Ron: I played since I was eleven until age twenty-two. Mari: So for eleven years. And you played when you were in university? Ron: I played at the University of Hawaii. #915

No comments:

Post a Comment