Enrich your Reading


 Memories of childhood holidays!

Mark Reed Am returning to the place I spent my childhood holidays this week. First time in more than two decades. Started me thinking. Where did you all spend your holidays when you were kids?

5 hours ago Like


Zinaida Vozgova I used to spend holidays with my grandparents out of town that meant lots of fresh air, messing around by the river, fresh fruit and vegetables and no TV or technology, which isnt typical for our kids now 

5 hours ago Like


Biggi Wimmer Went to Italy every year. Near Trieste. My parents used to own an apartment on the beach. We went swimming all the time. Cant remember what my parents did! By the way, Mark. Where did YOU used to go as a kid? And how come youre going back?

4 hours ago Like


Julia Tcvetkova Used to spend a fortnight in a tiny village out in the countryside in Siberia. Sounds dull, but I never used to get bored. Remember sitting on the fence before sunset, watching the cows being brought back to the village. And running around the fields after my dog before the neighbours took him away for scaring their chickens!

4 hours ago Like


Mark Reed Eastbourne on the south coast of England, Biggi. Used to be my favourite place in the world. Not sure Ill feel the same anymore!

3 hours ago Like


Christina Rebuffet-Broadus We either went to Disneyworld in Florida or the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee in the summer! At Disney, we stayed in the Polynesian Village. In the Smokies, we used to rent a cottage in the mountains. We woke up one morning to find a black bear climbing a tree near the terrace we used to have breakfast on!

1 hour ago Like

Mark Reed Julia: so sad to hear about your dog! Christina: Wow! Crazy! Oh, and Biggi work trip. Meeting new clients.

55 minutes ago Like


Biggi Wimmer Got you Mark. Hi Julia. Mad story. Where are you from?

48 minutes ago Like


Zinaida Vozgova There was another option summer camp, which I did a couple of times. I really hated it! It was so strict. Nowadays, though, everythings changed camps have become more creative and child-friendly, with lots of activities and English classes and so on. My son usually spends his summers like this.

41 minutes ago Like


Julia Tcvetkova Siberia-Lithuania-St. Petersburg-Cape Town-London.

37 minutes ago Like


Biggi Wimmer Wow! Complicated life. :-)

26 minutes ago Like


Julia Tcvetkova But interesting!

10 minutes ago Like


Sandy Millin My brother and I always spent a fortnight with each set of grandparents one in Gloucester, the other near Liverpool. They used to take us on day trips to places all over the south- and north-west to places like Bristol and the castles of North Wales. We also spent time playing board and card games and going for long walks in the local area, among many other things. Food was also a big part of it: for example, I remember making homemade pizzas with one grandma and I think we once made cornflake cakes with the other. Really fond memories. Cool question Mark. Thanks for asking and reminding me.

3 minutes ago Like

No comments:

Post a Comment