Enrich your Reading


 My new home!

Im from Harbin, in the north-east of China, but I moved to Wales last year to do a Masters degree. Its the first time Ive lived away from home, so I miss my family, but most of the time I love it. Im living in the university halls of residence. I have my own room with a sink to wash in, but I have to share the bathroom. Thats not great.

Sometimes you have to wait or people leave it dirty. I also share the kitchen, but thats OK because its a good place to meet the other students and talk. Ive taught some of my flatmates to cook some Chinese dishes! Some of them didnt know to cook eggs, so its really helped to make friends.

I think Im more confident now, maybe because I have to do things for myself and I find I can do them well. Well, I can do them OK. And I love the freedom to do what I want. I can come home late and I dont have to answer questions about where Ive been.


KENTA

I work for a big Japanese car company. Its a secure job and the moneys good, but because Im a junior member of staff, I have to work in different places overseas every couple of years. Sometimes junior staff dont want to go, but they cant say no, because refusing can affect their future career. However, I always think its a great opportunity and I learn about other cultures. Anyway, Im currently based in Togliatti in Russia, about 500 miles south-east of Moscow. Its very different to my home town, Fukuoka. Its colder, of course, and the food is very different too, but I have a nice apartment on the top floor of a big block.

The hardest thing for me this time is that my wife and two children are still in Japan. I can visit three times a year, and we keep in touch online, but I get very lonely sometimes and I miss my kids terribly. On the positive side, though, Im getting more experience and learning a lot, and thats very useful to get a senior job in the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment